Friday, September 21, 2012

Greg Jennings says he’s playing Monday night



On Thursday, we shared Packers coach Mike McCarthy’s take on wide receiver Greg Jennings‘ status as he tries to return from a groin injury.
The word was fairly glum. McCarthy said Jennings didn’t feel great after practicing earlier in the week and that the receiver was still trying to get a “handle” on it. There wasn’t any discussion of Jennings’ status for Monday night’s game with the Seahawks, but the prognosis didn’t sound good on that front.
Jennings spoke to the media Friday and sang a different tune. While he admitted to being less than full speed, Jennings said that he was able to do what he needed to do in practice on Friday and plans on playing Monday.
“I’ll get through it,” Jennings said, via Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. “I’m a positive guy. I’m not completely worried about it lingering too bad. It is what it is. It’s going to be something I’m going to have to push through right now. If I can get close to 100 percent, that’s all I’m looking for. I’m not looking to be 100 percent because that will never happen, ever, probably in my career. Ever.”
If Jennings does play, he’ll probably see fewer snaps than he would in another week in hopes of limiting the likelihood of a recurrence of the injury. The Seahawks have played well against the pass during the first two weeks of the season, so it may be tough sledding for the Packers through the air.

source: PFT.com
author: Josh Alper
photo: Jeff Hanisch-US PRESSWIRE from RantSports.com


No comments: