Thursday, November 17, 2011

Vince Young “not where I want to be” in Eagles’ offense


Vince Young could get his first start as an Eagle on Sunday, if Michael Vick’s broken ribs keep him off the field. So is Young ready to run the Philadelphia offense?

Young says he’s ready — just not as ready as he’d like to be. In the three months since Young signed with Philadelphia (and gave them their unfortunate “Dream Team” nickname), Young has learned most of the offense from offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg and quarterbacks coach Doug Pederson, but he says he doesn’t know it like the back of his hand.

“Each week, from studying, I’m getting better and better each day,” Young said. “I’m not where I want to be at because this is my first year here. But overall, I really feel like Marty, Doug Pederson and Mike [Vick] are doing a great job making sure I know the plays.”

Young also described himself as still playing catch-up with the Eagles’ playbook.

“It’s definitely [a] wordy, very, very detailed offense,” Young said.

Eagles coach Andy Reid has declined to say whether Young or Mike Kafka will start if Vick can’t, but Eagles players said Young got more first-team reps in practice on Wednesday. If Young isn’t completely comfortable in the offense yet, he’ll need all the practice he can get.

source:  PFT.com
author:  Michael David Smith

No comments: