Monday, January 10, 2011

Belichick responds to Ryan, who continues to take shots at Brady


Rex Ryan says Sunday’s game in Foxborough is all about Ryan vs. Bill Belichick.   It didn’t take long for Belichick to respond:
“I might have a little quickness on him, he’s probably got a little more strength and power on me,” Belichick said on a conference call via ESPNBoston.com.   “I don’t think you’ll see either of us out there making any blocks, or tackles, or runs throws or catches. At least you won’t see me doing that. It’s probably a good thing for our team.”
Belichick will predictably deflect Ryan’s trash talking.   Tom Brady will probably take the same approach, despite Ryan calling Brady out for his “antics.”
“He took a shot at me [in last month’s game] with his antics on the field,” Ryan said via Bob Glauber of Newsday.  “I don’t want him to score, so I’m going to do whatever I can to keep him out of the endzone.”
Asked to expound, Ryan apparently was referring to Brady’s habit of pointing at opposing teams after scoring.
“I’m not as big a target as I used to be,” joked Ryan.  “That’s just Brady being Brady. I don’t like seeing that. No Jets fan likes to see that. He can’t wait to do it. He’s not going to say anything publicly, but he does it. It’s what it is. It’s my job to keep him out of the endzone.”

source:  PFT.com
author:  Gregg Rosenthal

No comments: