Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Brett Favre expects to play out the season


Vikings interim head coach Leslie Frazier made clear this week that Brett Favre is his starting quarterback, and today Favre made clear that he wants to remain the Vikings’ starting quarterback for the rest of the 2010 season.
“We’ve got six games left,” Favre said. “I hope to finish them all. I want to finish on a high note if my body will allow me and I can play up to my expectations. . . . I want to do it.”
After Sunday’s ugly loss to the Packers, Favre said he needed to re-evaluate the season, which some took as a sign that he meant he needed to evaluate whether he wants to play the last six games. But he said today that that’s not what he meant.
“I didn’t mean anything more than ‘this is very disappointing,’ ” Favre said.
Other than Packers fans, it would be hard to find anyone who disagrees with that.

source: Pro Football Talk
author: Michael David Smith

No comments: