Sunday, September 19, 2010

Michael Turner's groin injury is minor


With Falcons fans and fantasy owners holding their breath after running back Michael Turner left today's win over the Cardinals and didn't return, they can now exhale.

The injury is minor.

Coach Mike Smith suggested that this was the case after the game.  "I don't think it was significant," Smith said, per the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.  "He was talking about going back in to the ball game.  He was cleared to go back in.  I don't think it's going to be anything significant. But I have yet to talk to the trainers.  I have not had my post-game meeting with the trainers."

We're told that, indeed, it's not a serious injury.  The Falcons didn't use him because the game was in control.

source: PFT.com
author: Mike Florio

No comments: