Tuesday, June 7, 2011

MIN - No position switch for QB Webb at this time

Bob Sansevere, from the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports Vikings head coach Leslie Frazier recently commented that he doesn't see a position switch coming for second-year QB Joe Webb at this time. "In my mind, he's a quarterback right now, competing for the job with Christian. I was able to talk with Joe during that brief window we had to talk with players, and I expressed to him that the door is not shut. I told him, 'I want you to compete for the starting job.' And I meant that. He showed us some things in the couple of games he had a chance to start. So I wanted him to know that. I want him to come in with the right attitude and right approach and not come in thinking that it's Christian's job. It's going to be open competition."


[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ THE FOOTBALL GUYS VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

Our very own Matt Waldman and Cecil Lammey watched Webb practice as a WR up close during the week of the Senior Bowl in 2010. He's big and athletic but very raw as a route runner. We feel the Vikes will keep him at QB this season, but could move him to a different position if he doesn't show more improvement under center.

Author: Bob Sansevere - St. Paul Pioneer Press

Source: footballguys.com

No comments: