Monday, August 16, 2010

SF RB Coffee Retires

From FootballGuys:

Very surprising news today from San Francisco. #2 RB Glenn Coffee announced today that he was retiring.


Link: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/It-s-a-jolt-23-year-old-Glen-Coffee-retires-fro?urn=nfl-262329

Clipped from the Dough Farrar article: It's not often that a third-round pick retires from the NFL in just his second season, but that's the story of Alabama running back Glen Coffee(notes), who announced Friday that he was leaving the game of football. Coffee explained his decision in a statement released through the team.

"This has been a tough decision for me to make, but at this time in my life I feel it is best for me that I move on from football. I appreciate what the 49ers, my teammates and coaches have done for me, and I wish them a blessed season and all the best in the future."

[[[[[[[[[ FootballGuys:

Pretty interesting and I'd assume there is more to the story. Or maybe not. Regardless it looks like we can scratch Coffee from our projections. Frank Gore obviously is the Man in SF but we had Coffee penciled in for about 50 carries this season. Those will likely go to Anthony Dixon. Although the hope for Frank Gore owners is that Gore will pick up at least some of those. Bottom line looks like you should take Coffee out of the picture and bump Frank Gore slightly for carries and yardage.

Thanks to Damon Moffa, Bob Magaw, and Jesse Leuhring for the headsup.

Source: http://www.footballguys.com/
Author: Joe Bryant

No comments: