Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Rob Ryan once left Rex in jail after a fight


In a rollicking look at the raucous Ryan family, Tim Graham of the Buffalo News shares some tidbits about the fraternal twins who seem to be a lot more identical than biology would suggest.
The profile of Bills coach Rex Ryan and Saints Defense coordinator Rob Ryan includes plenty of interesting anecdotes, including the one about the time Rob decided to leave Rex in jail.
It happened after the brothers got into a fight following an argument over whether Rob would serve as Rex’s wingman on a date with a young lady. Rob declined, they argued, Rex got drunk, they argued some more, and then they wrestled. Eventually, Rex caught Rob with a right hand and got in their car and left, wearing a tattered and bloody shirt.
“I get pulled over by a cop. He sees me and doesn’t know what he’s got,” Rex told Graham. “I said, ‘I just got in a fight with my brother. You can take me back there, and he’ll explain it.’
“They take me to jail and then called my brother. He said, ‘Nah, leave him in there.'”
Rob emerged from the fracas with a broken ankle and a broken nose. Rex, obviously, eventually got out of jail.
If you’re in jail or otherwise has some time on your hands, check out Graham’s article.

Source: PFT.com
Author: Mike Florio
AP Photo

No comments: