Wednesday, April 8, 2015

RG3: My job is not to characterize or judge Jay Gruden


Washington quarterback Robert Griffin III wasn’t exactly effusive with praise when asked to assess coach Jay Gruden in a recent interview.
“He wants me to go out there and be the quarterback he knows I can be, and I will be,” Griffin said, via CSNWashington.com. “My job is not to characterize or judge him as a coach.”
Reports late last season suggested that Gruden wanted Griffin gone, but Griffin said the two of them have the same goal.
“We both want to win, that’s just the bottom line” Griffin said. “Jay came in here with the plan to help develop me as a quarterback, and help this team win and help this organization be a consistent winner. He’s going to hold me to my commitment to him, and the players are going to hold him to his commitment to us.”
How long Gruden is committed to Griffin as his starting quarterback remains to be seen. For now, Gruden and Griffin are tied together, and Griffin sounds ready to make the best of it. Even if he doesn’t sound thrilled.

Source: PFT
Author: Michael David Smith
Photo via Blogs.Bettor.com

No comments: