Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Reggie Bush hopes to rebound from first career benching



Dolphins running back Reggie Bush won’t have much time to sulk about being benched after fumbling during Sunday’s loss to the Titans.
His team plays Thursday night against the Bills.
For Bush, the development was unprecedented.  “I’ve never been benched in my life,” Bush told reporters on Tuesday.  “This was the first time.”
Bush also explained how he reacted to the situation.  “You just take it with a grain of salt [and] find a way to fix it,” Bush said.  “At the end of the day, the only thing I can control is fumbling the football.  I know how to control that.  I know how to fix that and I know how to obviously get better at it and that’s the only thing I can control.”
It was his third fumble of the season and his second lost fumble.  More importantly, it was Bush’s seventh straight game of less then 100 yards rushing, which comes after a run of five 100-yard performances in six games dating back to 2011.
“I just felt like I haven’t been playing as well as I know I can these past few weeks,” Bush said.  “It’s been a little up and down and it hasn’t really been where I would like it to be.  I’m my biggest critic of myself and I always set the highest goals and highest standards for myself, so I haven’t been playing to where I know I capable of.”
Bush said on multiple occasions before the season that he’d like to lead the league in rushing.  Through nine games, he has 555 yards.  That puts him at No. 18 on the list, less than half the amount gained by Adrian Peterson, who has 1,128 yards in 10 games.

Source: PFT.com
Author: Mike Florio
Photo from Finsiders.com



No comments: