Monday, June 4, 2012

Jahvid Best not concerned about concussion history



Detroit Lions running back Jahvid Best had the bulk of his 2011 season wiped out by a concussion, but he says he's now symptom-free and moving forward with his career.
"I'm pretty sure if there was any real damage going on, I would have physical problems and mental problems," Best said Monday, according to MLive.com. "I have no problems. I'm not worried."

Best might not be worried (on the surface, anyway), but he's now up to three documented concussions during his career. It's possible he's suffered more. As Asher Allen illustrated last week, we're dealing with tricky business here.
Of course, it's all a matter of perspective for Best, who suffered one of the nastiest-looking head injuries in recent memory during his college days at Cal.
"That one I was actually unconscious, so that was totally different," he said. "That's why I'm not worried about it. If I can come back from that one, this one should be a piece of cake."
Let's hope Best is right.

source: Around The League on NFL.com
author: Dan Hanzus
photo: Getty Images

No comments: