Friday, May 4, 2012

Browns QB Brandon Weeden Says He's Ready To Start



Cleveland Browns first round quarterback Brandon Weeden says that, if need be, he's ready to start right away, Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer reports.

"I feel like I'm ready," Weeden told the paper on Thursday. "I have a long way to go, but I feel like I've taken the right steps to get to where I can play at that level.

"If I'm asked to be the guy Day One, I'm going to do everything on my part to put our team in position to win games and score points. I'm really anxious to get going and the season will be here before you know it."

Weeden will likely be given every opportunity to start right away as the Browns did not invest the 22nd overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft on a 28-year-old quarterback with the intention of having him sit a year or two behind a Colt McCoy or Seneca Wallace.

The 6-foot-3, 221-pound Weeden completed 766-of-1,102 pass attempts for 9,260 yards with 75
Labels
touchdowns and just 27 interceptions in 30 games at Oklahoma State. The Browns have brought aboard a familiar target for Weeden, including 5-foot-11, 187-pound wide receiver Josh Cooper among a dozen undrafted free agents the Browns got under contract on Thursday.

Cooper caught 161 passes for 1,695 yards and nine touchdowns and returned a punt 66 yards for a touchdown during his 46-game career in Stillwater. Invited to the Combine, Cooper was unable to participate due to a left hamstring injury.

source:  Mac's Football Blog
author:  Brian McIntyre
photo via Cleveland.com



No comments: