Tuesday, December 27, 2011

49ers Release WR Braylon Edwards


According to veteran wide receiver Braylon Edwards, he has been released by the San Francisco 49ers.

Signed to a one-year, $1.6 million contract that included nearly $2 million in incentives, Edwards has just 15 receptions for 181 yards and zero touchdowns in nine games this season. Edwards missed four weeks following knee surgery, which Edwards cites as the reason he's being let go.

"I was released today by the 49ers due to my injury that required more time to rehab and hasn’t allowed me to re-sync with the offense," Edwards announced in a statement on his website. "I wish the 49ers organization the best of luck during the Playoffs. I will be working hard this off season to strengthen my knee and prepare for the 2012 season. Thanks for your continued support and for being such loyal fans."

Edwards had just two receptions for 14 yards in the last four games where he's been active.

source:  Mac's Football Blog
author:  Brian McIntyre

No comments: