Saturday, November 5, 2011

TRG: Week 8 Recap

It's good to be home again! Firmly planted back in San Diego after a few exciting weeks of international travel, I'm ready to enjoy a full Sunday of football again. It's been a roller coaster ride these past few weeks, but I'm optimistic after getting a couple 4/6 weeks in there. I like a lot of road teams this week and a couple of underdogs as well, and I'm definitely expecting another tumultuous week in the NFL. Here's a quick recap of my week 8 picks, and then on to this week!

LOSSES


NO -14 over Rams: NOBODY saw that coming. I'm sure plenty of people took the Rams getting 14, but I certainly didn't hear anything thinking an outright win was going to happen. I'm filing that one in the "fluke" folder.

Seattle +3 over Cincinnati: Well that's what I get for betting on the Seahawks. Never again!


WINS


Detroit -3 over Denver: Well I definitely called that one. Tebow-mania has now turned into Tebow-hate. Denver is nothing close to a good team right now. This game was a good reminder of that.

Minnesota +3.5 over Carolina: Nailed this one too. Cam Newton is having an amazing year and if Carolina can build around him effectively, they'll be contenders sooner rather than later. Right now though, well, Cam can't win by himself.

San Francisco -9 over Cleveland: Well that's about as close as they get. This was definitely concerning, but the Niners added the necessary field goal just in time. The defense definitely saved this spread.

Pittsburgh +3 over the Pats: Another great game, and another defense was able to ice it late. New England's bad secondary shouldn't be news to anyone these days and has been exposed repeatedly. I think it's definitely fair to wonder who will win the AFC East this season. The Bills and the Jets aren't going away.
Pittsburgh got banged up in the win and has another tough matchup this week against Baltimore. I'm staying away this week, but they played some great football last week to get the cover and the win.

2011 Stats


Total Record: 22-25-1


Games: 20-19-1
Over/Under: 2-6-0
Home Teams: 9-5-0
Road Teams: 10-14-1
Favorites: 12-12-1
Dogs: 7-6-0



No comments: