Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Brady would welcome back Moss “with open arms”

Brady would welcome back Moss "with open arms" One of the most prolific receivers in NFL history is currently without a team, though that may be changing based on comments made Tuesday morning on a Boston radio station.


Patriots QB Tom Brady said on WEEI on Tuesday that he would welcome Randy Moss back to the team and that he had a great respect for his former teammate. Brady and Moss played together for two and a half seasons in New England before the receiver was traded to the Vikings last year.

"You never know in the NFL," Brady said on the Dennis & Callahan show, according to the Boston Herald. "I love Randy, he's one of the greatest receivers in the history of the game, one of the greatest players I've had a chance to play with. But unfortunately, I don't make personnel decisions. If I did, I'd still have all my friends here — Troy (Brown), David Patten, Deion (Branch) would have never left. I've seen so many guys move on, some come back."

Moss had a disastrous 2010 season, during which he played for three teams and had a career-low 28 receptions. He retired during the lockout, though some have speculated he would be willing to return if a team like the Patriots were interested.

"I don't know (if he'll play again)," Brady said. "Who knows? I can't get into his brain. I love the guy, he's a great friend of mine, and if he ever did come back and play, I'd welcome him with open arms."

Profootballweekly.com View

Considering the Patriots already have a logjam at wide receiver and had to cut Brandon Tate, it would be a surprise to bring back Moss. Add in the fact that there was a reason Bill Belichick parted ways with Moss last season, and we have an even harder time evision Moss coming back. However, if the season goes on and Chad Ochocinco has trouble assimilating to the system and the Pats feel the passing game needs a spark, nothing is out of the realm of possibility.

Author: profootballweekly.com
Source: yahoo.com/sports

No comments: