Friday, August 26, 2011

Bigger role fitting Brandon Jacobs just right



The New York Giants all but promised Brandon Jacobs a more expanded role in the offense this season.
The bruising 6-4, 260-pound running back agreed to a modest salary reduction to help the team re-sign backfield mate Ahmad Bradshaw, and now with Bradshaw slowed with a back issue, Jacobs is showing everyone why.
Jacobs rushed for 48 yards on six carries in the Giants’ victory over the Chicago Bears Monday night at New Meadowlands Stadium, the longest run an 18-yard dash up the middle for a touchdown. He completely faked out free safety Major Wright.
"My main goal is to come out and help this team," Jacobs said, according to Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News. "I trained for this. I've been ready for this since March. I did the most (training) I've ever done in any offseason. The level for me just keeps getting higher and higher."
"If (Bradshaw) got (the featured role), he got it. That doesn't bother me at all. Just give me what I think I'm due. Just give me a little more carries."

source:  National Football Post
author:  Brad Biggs

No comments: