Monday, July 25, 2011

Vikings' Player Rep Thinks Good News Could Come On Monday


While walking the red carpet at the Starkey Hearing Foundation gala on Sunday, Minnesota Vikings guard and player rep Steve Hutchinson discussed the status of labor talks between the NFL and NFLPA.

"I think, honestly, it's a good give-and-take," Hutchinson said according to Tom Pelissero of 1500ESPN.com. "I think there's some things that they wanted to go more their way -- and when I say that, I mean the owners' side. I think there's some things that we made some pretty significant strides in player safety. We got the economics figured out. There's a common language now. The economic side of it on our behalf is good.

"All around, I think it's a good deal, and hopefully, we can just get it signed on the dotted line."

The NFLPA's executive committee is scheduled to meet on Monday in Washington, D.C.. Provided the two sides can put the finishing touches on an agreement, the committee is expected to recommend the agreement to the 32 player representatives, who will vote to recommend the agreement via conference call.

"I think there will be some good news coming out (Monday)," Hutchinson said.

source:  Mac's Football Blog
author:  Brian McIntyre

No comments: