Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Bart Scott giving back to help Rutgers’ Eric LeGrand

New York Jets linebacker Bart Scott is known for his brash, aggressive nature on the field and sometimes during interviews.



He's also got a big heart and has a soft spot for paralyzed Rutgers football player Eric LeGrand.


LeGrand

LeGrand was injured during a kickoff against Army.

Now, he attends classes in a wheelchair.

And Scott told NFL.com that he plans to donate the proceeds from his "Can't Wait" clothing line to the "LeGrand Believe Fund.

"I've never met him but I heard he's a great kid," Scott said. "He has a lot of concerns and needs right now, but I know someday he will walk, and that's something I can't wait for. ..

"I want to do something for him, to help him. I hope we'll sell out the shirts quickly so we can get the money to him because things are expensive with his care, and I know there are money needs. For instance, he needs to refit the doors at his house for his wheelchair."

For Scott, LeGrand's condition hits close to home because his cousin is a paraplegic after being struck by a random bullet in Detroit.

"I want to be able to see him lead his team on the field someday," Scott said. "That's something I'm looking forward to and I just hope to help him get there."

Author: The National Football Post - Aaron Wilson covers the Ravens for the Carroll County Times.
Source: yahoo.com/sports

No comments: