Monday, May 30, 2011

Rex Hadnot hopes to replace Alan Faneca in Arizona


With Alan Faneca announcing his retirement earlier this month, the Cardinals will need a new starter at left guard.
Rex Hadnot hopes that he will secure the honors.
“I just want to do my best to put myself in a position where I can be one of the first five out,” Hadnot tells Bob McManaman of the Arizona Republic.
Hadnot, who joined the team in 2010 as a free agent, has been working out with receiver Larry Fitzgerald and other Cardinals players.  “It’s helping out a tremendous amount,” Hadnot said. “Me being a guy who came in last year, I’m continuing to bond with my new teammates.  It’s given us all a chance to work together as a team and when you see guys putting the work in, it should give you a better appreciation of what each and every man goes through on a consistent basis to try and prepare themselves for an NFL season.”
Hadnot spent three years as a full-time starter in Miami, from 2005 through 2007.  He started 15 games with the Browns in 2008 and six in 2009 before signing with the Cardinals.  Hadnot appeared in 11 games last year, starting one.


source:  PFT.com
author:  Mike Florio

No comments: