Thursday, December 30, 2010

Andre Johnson's status up in the air


Houston Texans star wide receiver Andre Johnson remains a question mark for the regular-season finale against the Jacksonville Jaguars due to a high-ankle sprain and an Achilles' problem.
He mgiht practice Friday.
“It’s like I said last week, I hope he’s beating me up to play this week. But obviously it’s worse than it has been. I can tell you Friday," Texans coach Gary Kubiak said in remarks distributed by the team. "As of today, there is still nothing. It’s strictly up to him. He can either do it or he can’t. We will do nothing to set him back, for sure."
The Texans have started Jacoby Jones in place of Johnson previously.
f“I challenged him the night before the game and told he was going to get a chance to start for the second time this year,” Kubiak said.a “I think his first start, he lasted a quarter and hurt his calf, I think at Oakland, if I’m right. But it’s time for him to grow up and prove that he can do that. He played pretty darn good yesterday.
"He’s got a couple plays there, one in the fourth quarter I can think of, that I’d like to see him make, that can be a big difference in a game. But he took a step forward and made some guys miss after catching the ball, which should be a big strength of his game. To come out statistically the way he did, that’s a step in the right direction. But a very talented young man.”

source:  National Football Post
author:  Aaron Wilson

No comments: