Saturday, October 9, 2010

Favre battling elbow tendinitis

Brett Favre, who has been getting lubricating injections in his ankle and who had shoulder issues before he arrived to the Minnesota Vikings last season, is believed to be battling elbow tendinitis.


Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that Favre showed up for his press conference on Thursday with a big bag of ice wrapped around his right elbow. As the report states, Favre missed the final three preseason games in 2000 when he was dealing with tendinitis in his elbow.

It’s not an uncommon thing for NFL quarterbacks. You’ll see them icing their arms after games, both the shoulders and elbows.

“I'm not overly concerned about it, but just based on my 20 years, there's been little things that nag here and there," Favre said. "Of course, it's my throwing arm, so it's a little more of a concern. I've probably iced more in the last weeks than I have in my career. I don't want to say I'm getting overly mental, but I want to be crisp."

He is listed on the Vikings’ injury report with both elbow and ankle issues. The Vikings monitored the number of throws Favre made last year. They are not keeping track this season, although common sense will dictate what he does.

Source: yahoo.com/sports
Author: The National Football Post

No comments: