Saturday, May 14, 2016

Adrian Peterson: Teddy Bridgewater reminds me of Tom Brady


If the Vikings are going to make good on running back Adrian Peterson’s recent suggestion that the team can win it all this season, the team will need stellar quarterback play from Teddy Bridgewater. Peterson seems to believe that will happen.
“His third year in, that’s a moment when a young guy really just comes to himself,” Peterson said on Friday’s PFT Live on NBC Sports Radio. “I feel like these past two years have been good. His first year I felt like was an awesome opportunity with me not being back there to really kind of have a load on his shoulders. Then last year we went through those first couple of weeks just kind of balancing things out with me being back there. I feel like this year with how I feel the offensive line will perform that’s just going to make him an even better player. Just having more time to sit back there in the pocket and deliver the ball.”
With more time to deliver the ball, Bridgewater will have more time to make Peterson think of one specific quarterback who has done fairly well for himself.
“He reminds me of a Tom Brady because Tom Brady is great at those mediocre passes,” Peterson said. “Those short passes and midrange passes and that’s exactly what Teddy does as well. He’s the type of guy that needs the receiver that runs routes and that’s at a specific location that you’re practicing. So I feel like with the additions that we’ve made to the offensive line and of course me envisioning what I’ll be able to bring to the offense as well I think that’s going to make his job a lot easier. With that he’ll feel more comfortable and he can really get back there and just play his game. So I’m expecting big things from Teddy this year.”
The key will be improved offensive line play. Last year, the line struggled. This year, the Vikings have added Alex Boone and Andre Smith as coach Mike Zimmer tries to infuse a nastier demeanor into the unit. If, combined with better blocking, Bridgewater can get into the front of his prime while Peterson still has some solid years left, maybe this is the year when the pieces finally get put together.

Source: PFT.com
Author: Mike Florio
AP Photo

No comments: