Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Michael Strahan will join Good Morning America on a full-time basis


Once upon a time, Giants running back Tiki Barber was supposed to become a media star, working on NFL football games and morning TV shows while gradually becoming so visible and popular that he’s better known for his work in television than for his exploits on the football field. Things didn’t work out for Tiki.
And his one-time enemy has become exactly what Tiki was expected to be.
Giants defensive end Michael Strahan, who was hired in 2012 to replace Regis Philbin as the co-host of a morning talk show with Kelly Ripa, is leaving the show to become a full-time member of ABC’s Good Morning America. Strahan will continue to serve as a co-host of the FOX NFL pregame show, commuting between New York during the week and L.A. on the weekend during football season.
In 2002, Barber sparked a feud with Strahan by making public comments about Strahan’s contract talks.
”I’m not a selfish person, and to watch somebody do me bad, do me wrong — personally, I can’t forgive you for that,” Strahan said at the time. “Especially if I’ve never done anything to you, and I’ve been good to you, and I respect you. I don’t care to have it amended. I’m not going to sit here and say that I care to be his friend. I have absolutely nothing to say to him.”
The duo would later patch things up, but that period of acrimony would continue to characterize their relationship, and it definitely sets up what is now an apples-to-apples exclamation point in the comparison between Barber’s post-football career and Strahan’s.

Source: PFT.com
Author: Mike Florio
Photo by Rex Shutterstock via Variety-com


No comments: