Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Carson Palmer declares himself 100 percent, says he was weeks ago


Since they had about a zero percent chance without him last year, the Cardinals want to make sure Carson Palmer is 100 percent in September.
So even though he’s feeling good in June, he still might not take all the work.
Via Josh Weinfuss of ESPN.com, Palmer said he was cleared “weeks ago” in his recovery from a torn ACL, and is ready to practice without restrictions now.
“I’m ready. I’m excited. I’m 100 percent. I’m cleared,” Palmer told ESPN. “I can do everything. I’ve tested out. Gotten stronger every week, every month, just ready to get going.”
Palmer said he’d participate in 11-on-11 drills in today’s minicamp for the first time, which the Cardinals have held him out of thus far. Why? Because Dante Fowler and Ryan Clady, that’s why. With bodies flying around, weird stuff can happen, so the Cards are taking the safe approach with their quarterback.
“That wasn’t me saying I’m worried about somebody else,” Palmer said. “That was the trainers and the surgeon and the doctors and PTs and all that. I don’t think twice about it. . . .
“I feel great. I probably never worked this hard in my life and I’ve always worked hard. I feel as fast as I’ve ever been, as quick as I’ve ever been, I’m stronger than I’ve ever been just because I’ve been going since late November. So, I feel great. Just looking forward to [Tuesday].”
And the Cardinals will be holding their breath, for a moment at least, after watching a promising season fall to pieces when Palmer’s knee went out last year.

Source: PFT.com
Author: Darin Gantt
Photo: Rick Scuteri, AP

No comments: