Thursday, June 6, 2013

Vick doesn’t know where he stands in quarterback competition


Before, Eagles quarterback Mike Vick was certain.  Now, he’s confused.
“This is still my team,” Vick said in April“This is still my job.”
Asked on NFL Network today where he stands in the effort to keep his job, Vick was candid:  “I don’t know.”
But he’s still confident.
“That is up to Coach [Chip Kelly] to decide what is best for this football team but as of right now, I am very pleased with my progress,” Vick said.  “Today, I felt like I had some throws I wanted back but for the most part I have done good.  I got some balls in the end zone and just playing the position the way it is supposed to be played.”
Kelly has said he’s in no hurry to name a starter, which means that it may not be Vick.  But even if he isn’t the starter, Vick plans to contribute.
“Always going to be a leader on this team, regardless of what my place is,” Vick said.  “I am confident that I continue to be a guy that is looked up to on this team and continue to play my role.”
It’s still unclear what his role will be.  And it apparently won’t be clear for a while longer.

Source: PFT.com
Author: Mike Florio
AP Photo


No comments: