Thursday, May 30, 2013

Broncos’ receivers say Peyton Manning’s arm is stronger


Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning was great last year, but his receivers say he can be even better this year.
Eric Decker and Demaryius Thomas, Denver’s top two receivers a year ago, both say that they notice that Manning has a stronger arm now than he did last year, as he continues to progress from the neck injury that cost him the entire 2011 season.
“We worked out at Duke in March or April and I definitely felt like he had more zip on the ball,” Decker said. “I think he’s come back stronger. . . . I think some of those throws that he fits in the holes, you feel a little more zip on it and he is getting it to you quicker.”
Thomas said he senses Manning is getting stronger, too, although Thomas added that Manning was already so much better than any other quarterback he had ever played with that anything else is gravy.
“I think he’s gotten a little stronger, but I can’t really say, because it’s my first time playing with a quarterback like Peyton,” Thomas said. “It was fun this past year, because I’d never had balls come at me like that — on time and stuff like that.”
Save Thomas’s quote about never having a pass thrown to him “on time and stuff” and repeat it as needed for anyone who wonders about the continued unemployment of Tim Tebow.

Source: PFT.com
Author: Michael David Smith
Getty Images



No comments: