Thursday, March 7, 2013

David Garrard would love another chance in Miami



Seven months ago, David Garrard appeared poised to be named the starting quarterback of the Dolphins. Now he’s just asking the Dolphins for a roster spot and saying he’d gladly serve as Ryan Tannehill’s backup.
“I would love to be back in Miami. I love the coaching staff; I love Ryan,” Garrard told the Miami Herald. “Getting back in the league is what I want. I want to be able to go out in my career playing at a high level. I don’t want some freakish injuries to decide my career.”
Unfortunately for Garrard, the Dolphins do not appear to be interested. After Garrard needed arthroscopic knee surgery in August, Tannehill emerged as the starter and Garrard was cut, and the Dolphins haven’t talked to Garrard about a return.
Garrard had a workout with the Jets last week that he described a “great,” although the fact that he’s still talking about wanting a job elsewhere calls into question whether the Jets agree that it was great. The 35-year-old Garrard, who hasn’t appeared in a regular-season game since he was the Jaguars’ starter in 2010.

Source: PFT.com
Author: Michael David Smith
Photo: Joe Rimkus Jr Miami Herald


No comments: