Saturday, June 16, 2012

Tom Brady asked Gisele: 'Why did you say that?'



When Tom Brady was asked to name his enduring Super Bowl memory at a charity event Friday night, the possibilities seemed endless. After all, the New England Patriots quarterback has won three title games and been to five -- fertile ground to mine for a memory or two.
Brady conjured up an odd one.
"This year after the game, I was in my hotel room after the game, and this was not a good memory, by the way," Brady said lightheartedly, per Tom E. Curran of Comcast SportsNet New England. "I was going to bed and I was talking to my wife (supermodel Gisele Bundchen) after the game. You just sit up and you think and nobody quite understands -- your wife and your parents or best friends -- they just don't quite understand how you're feeling. You're just going through play after play after play after play.

"Just before she goes to bed, she says, 'Yeah, people were following me and I just said something I shouldn't have said.' "
Brady told her, "I don't care really what you said. Just go to bed."
We all know what she said. After New England's frustrating loss to the Giants, Bundchen ripped the Patriots wideouts in a tirade aimed at a group of heckling New York fans.
"You need to catch the ball when you're supposed to catch the ball," Bundchen said. "My husband cannot (expletive) throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time."
When Brady found out Gisele had ripped Wes Welker and friends, he sought her out:
"I woke up the next morning, I tapped her on the shoulder (and asked), 'Why did you say that?' She was talking about the best player on our team, Wes Welker, yeah. That was my most recent memory."

source: Around The League on NFL.com
author: Marc Sessler
photo via hollywire.com



No comments: