Thursday, May 10, 2012

Revis rips Belichick, Brady



New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis on Thursday stood by his comments regarding Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots.
In a word association interview on television, Revis called the Patriots coach a "jerk" and stood by that after Thursday's off-season practice for the Jets.
"I feel like people let him slide when he says his smart remarks and certain things and he says comments about us like he never coached here, which he did, and that's how I felt," Revis told the Newark Star-Ledger. "They told me to sum it up and I gave one word. He can take it however he wants, he can say whatever he wants to say back and even if he says something back I'm not going to get into jarring with him, I said what I had to say, he still has to coach and I still have to go out there and play.
"Sometimes things are disrespectful when you say certain comments about the Jets, some stuff is disrespectful, it's okay to have a rivalry, it's okay to compete but when it gets personal, that's when it gets disrespectful. I didn't start this battle, you know, the smart remarks he says it's ignorant, it's ignorant to this organization."
When his Jets teammate Antonio Cromartie referred to Patriots QB Tom Brady as an 'a--hole," Revis had Cromartie's back on the subject Thursday.
"And sometimes he is on the field," Revis said. "That's him sayng his personal opinion about him. If that's how he acts on the field, that's how he acts."
While Revis was quite opinionated on the Jets' top rival, he had little to say on his own contract situation, which he may want to re-negotiate to avoid a holdout.

source:  NFP.com
author:  Terry McCormick
photo and story via victoryformation.com and the Newark Star-Ledger



No comments: