Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Dallas Clark getting used to new surroundings in Tampa




Dallas Clark has missed 16 games over the last two seasons with leg and wrist injuries, but he sounds rejuvenated now that he’s found a new home in Tampa.
The Buccaneers signed the veteran tight end Monday night and he was getting used to his new home today now that he’s taken over for Kellen Winslow Jr., who was traded to the Seattle Seahawks.
Clark, who starred in Indianapolis playing with Peyton Manning, is looking to kick-start his career. The Colts released him in March.
“The bottom line is just feeling comfortable and this is where that led me,'' Clark said, according to Roy Cummings of the Tampa Tribune.
Clark turns 33 next month and he has a one-year deal to play for the new coaching staff.
“Right now, it's learning the offense and figuring out where I need to be,” Clark said. “Injuries are part of the game and I had a couple of down years. But it's not slowing me down now. I don't feel like I've been hampered by anything. I feel like I can come out and perform every day and that's what I'm working hard to do.”

source:  NFP.com
author:  Brad Biggs
photo:  Marc Serota/Getty Images

No comments: