Saturday, June 11, 2011

Kerry Collins interested in returning to Titans


Despite speculation from Titans guard Jake Scott, Kerry Collins sounds interested in possibly being a nursemaid mentor to Jake Locker.
“I think it is legitimate speculation to think the longer this thing goes, the more attractive I would be to [the Titans] because of my familiarity with everything,” Collins told Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean on Saturday. “I know we have new coordinators, but I am sure a lot of terminology is going to be the same. On paper it makes sense to at least talk to me about coming back.  The longer this thing goes, the better it could work out for me.”
That doesn’t sound like a guy with many reservations about returning. Collins is staying in shape and has a relationship with coach Mike Munchak, which helps his chances.  We just wonder if the Titans want someone a little younger that could start for much of the season if Locker isn’t ready.
Collins also wants to make sure he meshes with Locker.
“I went through it with Vince [Young],” Collins said. “I would be open to it, but it would have to be the right thing. I would like to get to know Jake a little bit to make sure he’d be the type guy I’d want to help out. That won’t be the sole issue either. It is not about what kind of guy Jake is. I just have to weigh a lot of things.”
Translation: I’d like to work with a kid that listens.
“If it makes sense on both sides to do it, I’d be good for coming back,” Collins said.

source:  PFT.com
author:  Gregg Rosenthal

No comments: