Saturday, June 18, 2011

Chad Pennington going to work for Fox Sports, take 2011 off


It looks like another comeback from shoulder surgery isn’t going to happen for Chad Pennington.  At least not this year.
Pennington tells Rich Stevens of the Charleston Daily Mail in West Virginia that he’s going to work in television.
“I’m actually going to take this year off, get healthy and do some work for Fox Sports,” said Pennington. ”I’m going to evaluate things and see where I am physically.”
Pennington isn’t officially retiring and it’s unclear what his role will be at Fox. He may see how his shoulder is doing in 2012, but another run at a comeback player of the year award didn’t make sense after he tore his ACL playing basketball in March.
“I planned to make a fourth comeback, but it doesn’t make sense to try to rehab a shoulder injury a fourth time on top of an ACL injury. I’m at a point of my career where I haven’t been patient before, I’m going to be patient now,” Pennington said.
One of the more interesting guys to listen to as a player, we suspect Pennington will excel in his next career with a microphone.

source:  PFT.com
author:  Gregg Rosenthal

No comments: