Thursday, May 26, 2011

Next for Ochocinco: Snake wrangling

When Bengals owner Mike Brown said this week that Chad Ochocinco should focus on football, Brown threw in a line that he intended as a joke.




“Next maybe he’ll be a snake wrangler and we’ll watch to see if he gets bit,” Brown told the Cincinnati Enquirer. “He’s always up to some stunt. They amuse me in a way. They concern me because let’s face it we want a football player. We aren’t hiring a bull rider, a dancer, a soccer player. We want a football player.”
But now Ochocinco says Brown gave him a great idea when he mentioned snake wrangling. And he’s serious.


“I’ve partnered with Snake Jungle to go out and become the first black #SnakeWrangler thanks to my owner Mike Brown for the great idea,” Ochocinco wrote on Twitter. “I’m going to be a #SnakeWrangler,I got the awesome idea from my owner,catching a Black Mamba and a King Cobra #EPIC . . . Does anyone know these snakes I’m gonna catch,Taipan,Blue Krait,Eastern Brown Snake,Rattle Snake and the Death Adder.”

PFT has confirmed with a source with knowledge of the situation that Ochocinco means it: He has begun looking into taking up snake wrangling, directly in response to Brown’s comments.

We’re not sure specifically what Ochocinco will be doing, but anything that involves him handling venomous snakes on television sounds like a winner. Perhaps we’ll see whether he can hold onto a cobra for longer than he can sit on a bull.


source:  PFT.com
author:  Michael David Smith

No comments: