Saturday, May 28, 2011

Kolb says Reid will do what is best for quarterback

What’s best for Kevin Kolb happens to mirror what is best for the Philadelphia Eagles.

So the young quarterback should have confidence he will have a new home before the 2011 season begins.
The Eagles have made no secret of their desire to deal Kolb, and because he’s under contract for only one more season, Philadelphia runs the risk of losing him with no compensation if it doesn’t deal him.

So when Kolb talked to Eagles coach Andy Reid during the 24-hour lifting of the lockout last month, it’s no surprise Reid told Kolb, “I’ll do what’s best for you.”
“He does that for all his players and all his coaches,” Kolb said, according to Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Daily News. “That's what makes him great, that's why he's been around as long as any coach that's coaching right now.”

Kolb showed up for player-run workouts the Eagles were conducting on Thursday. It’s fair to wonder if it will be one of the last times he’s on the field with his teammates.

“I want my opportunity. If the situation (of staying with the Eagles) can't be avoided, I'm not going to sit there and be a turd,” Kolb said. “That's not my style. I think that I've voiced my opinion, and there's nothing more I can do. Just like always, whatever situation arises, I'll just have to roll with the punches.”

Chances are good he won’t have to worry about backing up Michael Vick in Philadelphia this season. After all, that wouldn’t be best for Kolb or the Eagles.




source:  National Football Post
author:  Brad Biggs

No comments: