Friday, May 6, 2011

Brett Favre on future plans: “I really don’t know”


Brett Favre filed his retirement papers back in January.   It doesn’t come as a big surprise he isn’t sure what he’ll do with his life in retirement just yet.
“I don’t know.  I really don’t know.  It could be coaching.  It could be TV.  Both of those are unlikely anytime soon.   I don’t see myself becoming a full-time coach anytime soon at any level,” Favre told WDAM in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
Favre came out of hiding because he was helping out at a local youth football camp.
“I love to be around the kids.  Will I get bored at whatever it is I’m doing?  I probably will,” Favre said.
As he often said last offseason, Favre said he was confident in what he did in his career, implying he had nothing left to prove.
He insisted he won’t miss the drudgery of running and training camp.  Once the games start, things will get tougher.
“Two a days, and things like that, I don’t know if I ever looked forward to that,” Favre said.   “I’ll always miss the guys, the locker room, and winning and losing together.  There’s no substitute for that.”

source:  PFT.com
author:  Gregg Rosenthal

No comments: