Sunday, May 15, 2011

Brandon Mebane on Seahawks: “I feel like I wasn’t in their plans”


We wrote earlier this offseason that defensive tackle Brandon Mebane could be the most important impending free agent on the Seahawks roster.   He doesn’t feel like they treated him that way.
“I feel like I wasn’t in their plans. And I feel like I have that right to think that because I got a third-round tender,” Mebane told Eric Williams of the Tacoma News Tribune.  ”If they really wanted me, they had plenty of time to do what they had to do. Me personally, from my experience, I don’t think I was in their plans. I would love to come back here, but I don’t know what their plans are.”
Mebane said he never talked contract numbers with Seattle, which is a pretty strong sign they are ready to move on.  Then again, they didn’t add anyone to a thin position for the team in the draft and G.M. John Schneider said that would add some “urgency” to bring Mebane back.
While he’s had an up and down career, Mebane will be one of the more promising defensive tackles available this offseason.  We’d slot him somewhere behind Aubrayo Franklin on the “Most Likely to be Overpaid” free agency list.

source:  PFT.com
author:  Gregg Rosenthal

No comments: