Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tim Tebow hesitant to do as many commercials as Peyton Manning

Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow entered the NFL as the most celebrated quarterback coming out of college since Peyton Manning, and Tebow’s popularity could make him the NFL’s highest-profile celebrity pitchman since Manning.
Except that Tebow says he worries that doing as many commercials as Manning would cause too many distractions.
In an interview with the Florida Times-Union, Tebow was asked whether he’d want as much commercial exposure and endorsement income as Manning. And Tebow said that while the income would be nice, he’s not so sure that it would be worth the time it would take away from football.
“To be honest, I’m not sure how I would approach the opportunity to take it to that level,” Tebow said. “I’d have to look at each circumstance. If I believe in everything and feel it’s right, I wouldn’t mind it. But I have my priorities in a certain order. I just don’t have the time right now to do a lot of commercials and ads. If we can find time, yeah, it’d be great to help a company you believe in. There’s definitely pros to all those endorsements because the more you do, the more it can help the foundation and that’s huge for me.”
That sounds like Tebow has his priorities in order. Of course, Tebow’s long list of endorsement deals includes Nike, EA Sports, Jockey, FRS Healthy Energy drink and Palm Beach Autographs, not to mention an autobiography due this spring. If he’s concerned about having too many commercial ventures outside football, he may be there already.

source:  PFT.com
author:  Michael David Smith

No comments: