Sunday, July 25, 2010

Bills Linebacker John DiGiorgio Retiring


Former Buffalo Bills linebacker John DiGiorgio has decided to retire from the NFL due to knee injuries.

He announced his retirement on his Facebook account.

"I just wanna say thank you to everyone that has ever supported me throughout my career," DiGiorgio wrote. "I've done everything I could in therapy to try to get my knee healthy and get back and play the game I love most. Unfortunately I fell a bit short. I recently decided to retire from the NFL and gladly accept a teaching and a coaching job at Chippewa Valley High School. Thanks for all the support, Go Bills!"

DiGiorgio started 14 games in 2007 for the Bills, recording 113 tackles and two sacks.
DiGiorgio was signed by the Bills as an undrafted free agent in 2006 out of Saginaw Valley State.
DiGiorgio was waived last year after failing his physical. He had a season-ending surgery to repair bone damage in his right knee

source: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Bills-linebacker-John-DiGiorgio-retiring.html
author: aaron wilson

No comments: